Monday, January 4, 2010

Show and Tell

Day 4: Visualize

Today was hardly as productive as I'd hoped it would be. While I did manage to add a little to chapter 1, I realized that I hadn't exactly set the scene very well. I remembered something my friend Hung had told me regarding writing, that one should "show" rather than "tell". Hence adding a little more detail in describing the kind of surroundings Jack finds himself living in at school.

On the subject of school, I'm debating changing the college to better draw from my own experiences at a state school. However, part of Jack's major character flaw it that he's always been a child of privilege. I'll have to weigh it and see where things go.

As far as the plot outlining goes, I need to start mapping things out a bit more. I'm feeling a little disconnected at the moment and that needs to be alleviated ASAP to keep things flowing. Will probably spend some time on that tomorrow.

In other news, I'm still getting things in order for the new semester and meeting with an old high school classmate tomorrow for coffee. Tomorrow's work (and blog post) will be more interesting/insightful, I assure you. Honest.

Current Project: The Muse
Pages Complete: 1.5/???
Album Completion: 2.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment