Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Frustration

Day 12: I hate my story.

Yes my dear internet, it is true. My premise is tired, I don't particularly like my characters anymore, and I'm having a lousy time getting this to flow. Hence the debate I've been having with myself for the better part of today: is it time to scratch the initial idea in favor of something else? Something more sci-fi?

Here are the pros:

1. More freedom in character design.
2. More freedom in settings.
3. Pre-existing ideas and premises I've had sitting around for some time.

...and the cons:
1. Never getting back to the original concept
2. Making exceptions that could result in derailing the blog
3. Not finishing the new idea and jumping ship yet again

Marcus made an interesting suggestion today regarding my perdicament. He suggested that if I do start something else, to consider it less as a failure and more as a revision. I think that that's a good way of looking at things, but I'm still scared about what shifting things could spell.

All I know is that I'm really not feeling this new story as it is and that something will have to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment